Wednesday, April 8, 2009

4/8/09

Day 44

Conditions: Mashed potatoes and gravy
Location: Breckenridge, CO

Conditions looked to be pretty hard this morning, so we slept in a bit later than usual and got on the hill around 9:30. By then things were softening up into sunny, spring conditions. We spent a lot of the day riding mushy bumps, and we got more of a workout today than the past few days.


The view from the top of Imperial Chair at Breckenridge.


The day was pretty uneventful, except for one incident at the T-Bar. I was determined to get a picture of Dirk on the T-Bar. To do this, I had to take off my gloves, get the camera out of my pocket turn around and take the picture – all while balancing on my board and being towed uphill with nothing but a bar between my legs. Amazingly, it worked. Unfortunately, as I was struggling to put the camera back in my pocket (and therefore not looking where I was going), I hit a padded post at full speed and ate it off the T-bar. As I sat there covered in snow (and concerned about the state of the camera) people continued up the T-bar shouting things at me as they passed. So that was cool.


The picture that caused me to run into a padded pole on the T-Bar.


Highlights:

- Soft bumps off 6 Chair
- While stopped on E chair, an old guy (around 50) with a baseball cap skied below us. He shouted to the mass of us on the chairlift: “What are you guys doing, just sittin’ around? Ha Ha! Spring Break ’09, yeah!” We were almost embarrassed for him, but evidently he thought he was cool.

Lowlights:

- That whole T-bar thing.

Après Ski:

We went home and relaxed before going to dinner at the South Ridge Seafood Grill. We came home and I expected to watch American Idol. I though it was on Wednesday, but the results show was on Wednesday. I was pissed, and planned to catch-up on the performances online. So we watched Twilight and Dirk made fun of me for reading the series.

Days to go: 6

No comments:

Post a Comment