Friday, February 20, 2009

2/20/09

Day 34

Conditions: 45 degrees; packed powder
Location: Heavenly, CA/NV

For the seventh day in a row, we went to work on the slopes. Heavenly was in desperate need of snow – the temperature was warm and things were melting in front of our eyes. We took a few groomers and a run through Killebrew Canyon, then we went to the Fire Break gate.

It was a mellow day, and we were done by 2 in the afternoon.

Highlights:

- Seven days in a row is an accomplishment. It was a great trip, with some of the best snow we have seen…ever.

Lowlights:

- I’ve eaten baby back ribs in the past that were so tough, they produced a ripping sound as I tore the flesh from the bone. I heard that same sound today when I ate it hard off the chairlift. I literally felt my shoulder pop out of the socket and then back in. I’m sure I’ll know just how severe it is tomorrow. Despite the disturbing sound, it doesn’t hurt that much.
- The lacing system on my right boot suffered an equipment failure and has to be sent back to Burton. Thank goodness it happened on the last day of the trip instead of the first.

Après Ski:

We packed and got ready for an early flight tomorrow.

Days to go: 16

No comments:

Post a Comment